Examples and use cases which show how through combining various operators, complex process related questions can be answered.
This section shows examples and use cases that can be solved with PQL. The solutions are presented in interactive analyses. Some of the problems below are also described in more detail on distinct documentation pages in this section. Examples of the following problems are available:
- Activity Sequences: Do calculations on activity sequences containing more than two activities.
Case Complaints: For each case, check if there was a customer complaint recorded in a separate
- PQL functions: IN
Clustering: Cluster data based on different groupings.
- PQL functions: KMEANS
Conformance Queries: Use the results of the conformance checker in your PQL queries.
- PQL functions: CONFORMANCE
- Fallback Status: Find activities which trigger a certain status activity. The status activity is always triggered by the preceding activity as well as all activities of the case that happened at the same time as the preceding activity.
- Filling Ranges: Generate a range of DATE or INT values to also show missing values in the dimension of your chart.
- Machine Utilization in Production: Find out how long each machine takes
- Multiple Invoices per Case: Calculate the total number of days spent between creating and clearing multiple invoices of one purchase order.
Order Item Descriptions: For each item, count how often it has been ordered. Unfortunately,
the order item descriptions were entered in a free text field and contain typos. This example shows how we still
can count the number of orders for each item by grouping same items together, despite the slightly different spelling.
- PQL functions: CLUSTER_STRINGS
- Ping-Pong-Cases: Identify direct and indirect ping-pong-cases with PQL.
- Revenue per Country: Find the top three countries based on their total revenue.
- Rework per Activity: For each activity, calculate the fraction of the cases where this activity is a rework activity based on different rules.
- Segregation of Duties: Enforce that within one case certain activities are not executed by the same department.
- Throughput Times: Summary of ways to calculate throughput times in PQL.
Triggering Activities: Find out which activities trigger which kind of errors.
- PQL functions: ACTIVITY_LAG
- Working Capital Optimization: Calculate the ratio of cases that were paid early for working capital optimization.