Predicate functions and operators check if the input argument satisfies a condition.
Predicate operators return
true if the respective condition is fulfilled, and
- IN can be used to match the values of a column with a list of match values.
- In contrast to IN, MULTI_IN matches a list of tuples.
- LIKE returns
trueif the value of a column matches the given pattern.
- The BETWEEN operator matches an inclusive range between two given values.
- In contrast to the ISNULL function, which returns an INT, the
IS NULL operator
trueif the input is NULL, and
The output of
IS NULL can be negated by using
NOT BETWEEN and
IS NOT NULL respectively.
- CASE WHEN (in the
- Pull-Up-Functions (in the filter argument)
- BIND_FILTERS (in the filter argument)
- CALC_REWORK (in the filter argument)
Predicate operators can be combined with logical operators to more complex boolean expressions.